Friday 14 November 2014

I'm Still Here, I Promise

Hi everyone,

It's been a while, and I have no real new posts ready to go, so I wanted to let you know I'm still here, and there's new stuff on the horizon. Coming in the next month or so:

"Grilled" review: This one is about half written, and it's pretty much certain to be my longest review yet. I've had to back off of it in the last week because I became crazy busy.

Review of The Sopranos Season 5: ie - the season that is both by far the best season of The Sopranos as well as the one that has given me no real enthusiasm for continuing. I'll explain.

Year End Top 10 list: At my current TV watching rate, this may be the last year I watch enough shows to create a real top 10 list, so it may be a monumental event.

Walking Dead Midseason Review: I still have 4 episodes to watch, so I have no idea what form this review is going to take. Suffice to say, a lot of high profile critics have suddenly jumped on the bandwagon for this show. I sort of get why, but I still think they were missing a lot of what the show had done best that's kind of disappeared under Gimple's reign.

Update: If you have any other suggestions for posts, feel free to suggest in the comments. I should have made it so that everyone can comment with no need for an account of some type.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to explaining to you in great detail exactly why you're wrong about The Sopranos season five, which is neither by far the best nor one that should sap your enthusiasm for finishing when you're so close to the final episodes.

    Could I suggest you do a review for Interstellar? I'm still tossing and turning over whether to see it, and my confusion has only become more pronounced after seeing The Dark Knight Rises and actually enjoying it, which is a first for me and Nolan. I feel like I need the opinion of someone where I know how they generally stand on entertainment to judge whether I'm safe going to see it.

    Interesting to hear "Grilled" will be your longest review. I never found it a massively complex episode, although it's certainly very tense and well-made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with an Interstellar review is I wouldn't have anything to add, or any unique angle to approach it from. I agree with the general critical consensus on the movie and I could probably pick out 5 or 6 reviews that echo exactly how I feel.

      Delete